Car Accident Lawyer in San Diego
Have you been injured in a San Diego car accident? If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a San Diego auto accident, you should contact a car accident lawyer in San Diego as soon as possible.
Car crashes often result in serious injuries such as broken bones, neck and back injuries and in the most serious cases, death. Our San Diego car accident lawyers are committed to helping injured persons and their families seek and recover compensation for their injuries. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in San Diego, please contact us today.
Common Car Crash Injuries
Head and neck injuries can result in:
- Facial injuries that can harm the nose, jaw, eyes and may require surgery to correct an injury or deformity. Facial injuries can occur when a front seat occupant is forced into the dashboard, steering wheel or doors.
- Head injuries, which are among the most serious injuries resulting from car accidents and in particular brain injuries. The brain, which during a crash may be thrust into the sides of the skull, may be bruised or severely injured. If theinjury involves the spinal cord, paralysis may occur.
- Neck injuries commonly result in whiplash, which happen as the head whips forward then backward, possibly damaging the vertebrae and other structures in the neck including muscles, ligaments and the spinal cord itself.
- Brain injuries can occur when the brain of the passenger or driver is forced rapidly against the skull, possibly causing concussion in a more minor injury and death at the worst. Total body paralysis may result from a brain injury during a car accident.
Upper torso injuries might harm:
- Arms, resulting in broken bones
- Collar bone being broken
- Back causing a sprain or worse, a break in the spinal cord, resulting in paralysis.
Abdominal and pelvic injuries can cause:
- Damage to internal organs such as the liver, stomach and spleen. These types of injuries may be life threatening.
- Broken pelvis, which, especially in the older passenger, is notoriously slow and difficult to heal.
Injuries to the thighs, knees, ankles and feet can also be a result of impact with a crushed part of the car. Knees are especially susceptible to injury because of their proximity to the dashboard.
Things to Do After A Car Crash
How much you can do after a car crash will depend upon the severity of your injuries. If you are able, you should exchange essential personal information with the driver of the other car. You should also see your doctor for any physical injuries, even if they seem minor. If possible, it would be helpful to take a picture of the accident scene and write down the names and contact information of any witnesses to the crash.
It is also important to contact your insurance agent right away to report the accident.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in San Diego
If you or a loved one is injured in an auto accident, one of the most important things you can do is contact a personal injury lawyer. A car accident attorney will be able to help you recover damages for your injuries and loss, so you can seek the medical attention you need to be able to move forward with your life. To schedule a free review of your case, contact our car accident lawyers in San Diego.